Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
John F. Kennedy
Staff training days and workshops
Are you looking to provide training and development for your school/academy staff? I specialise in developing and delivering bespoke INSET days/half days, workshops and webinars to help staff at all levels reach their potential. These may be one-off events or a programme of continuing development. The aim is always to provide inspiration, motivation, confidence and support for you and your colleagues. Although many of my events are aimed at support staff, I also deliver bespoke training to middle and senior leader teaching staff.
If you prefer to run individual workshops, here are just a few that I offer. Please contact me if you have something else specific in mind:
- School business management /leadership professional development training day
- Developing more effective leadership ‘behaviours’ (NASBM Professional Standards)
- “Whatever you are, be a good one”, Abraham Lincoln
- SBMs – Survive, thrive and enjoy!
- Effective time management, including prioritisation and delegation.
- The complexities of managing change
- Developing influential leadership: for new Faculty/Department Heads
- Leading and developing your team
- Marketing your school (to everyone from parents, prospective parents, local community, etc)
- Running INSET sessions and training events
- Enhancing your communication and other inter-personal skills
- Managing aggressive and difficult people
- Project management
I can develop and present Webinars on any of the above subjects – or more tailored to your individual needs. I frequently run Webinars for Optimus – see the links below:
- Presentation skills for school business leaders (29 November 2018)
- The Humble Art of Delegation
- Improving Performance through Courageous Conversations
Please contact me (absolutely no obligation!) so that we can discuss your needs, any particular challenges you may have, and to work out the most appropriate solutions for your school setting.
“Thank you for your workshop yesterday. I always find them extremely inspiring”
“You give me and my team the confidence that we can become the strategic leaders our school needs us to be!”
“You always make me laugh, and while I am laughing I realise that I am learning too! I have become so much more effective in my role because of your workshops”
Middle leadership courses
My middle leadership courses aimed at developing support/teaching staff within the context of whole school/academy improvement, continue to prove highly popular and successful. These can be run for single/networks/clusters of schools, for local authorities, or to suit your own situation. They provide the skills, understanding and top tips for those working at, or aspiring to, middle leadership and are always motivational and fun!
The Support Staff Middle Leadership course also supports development against the NASBM Professional Standards ‘Behaviours‘. For more information, please visit support staff middle leadership.
- Support staff middle leadership – 4 x half day workshops
- Teaching assistant team leadership – 4 x half day workshops
- Teaching staff: New to Department/Faculty Leadership – 1 x full day workshop